A. California Fine Wire offers “open accounts” for domestic customers, only.
Domestic Open Accounts:
- Precious Metals – Net 10 days on approved credit
- All others – 2% 10 Net 30 days on approved credit
You can apply for an open account by submitting your company information, including appropriate credit and banking information, (see related links) to the California Fine Wire Accounting Department. Depending on the responsiveness of credit references, a decision can take a few days or a few weeks.
A. Yes. California Fine Wire accepts American Express, MasterCard, and VISA credit cards. However, CFW does not accpet credit cards for payment against net terms.
A. California Fine Wire sells direct throughout the world and does not use distributors or agents. We can ship anywhere in the world using international carriers such as UPS International, FedEx International, DHL, and BAX Global.
A. We have a 100% online order confirmation in place, and once your E-mail address has been entered into our system then the order confirmation will automatically be sent to you via E-mail.
A. The scheduled ship date and method of shipping is indicated on your order confirmation.
A. We understand that the ready availability of raw materials for your operation is critical to your success. At California Fine Wire we maintain a large inventory of materials in various sizes and configurations, and we strive to provide the shortest lead times possible. Even so, the fast pace of business today leads many customers to request tightly compressed lead times and even immediate shipments. However as a custom manufacturer, we do not stock finished product for immediate shipment. Also, with many customers simultaneously requesting expedited processing, it would not be fair to commit to providing service that, from a practical standpoint, we could not deliver. For this reason we do not offer an expediting service. If you are in a dire situation, it is best to consult with our Customer Service Representative or your Account Manager to arrange a partial shipment and/or higher priority shipping methods. Also, you can discuss options such as scheduled shipments to avoid future scheduling issues.
A. Yes, you can place a blanket order and request scheduled shipments.
A. Yes. However depending on the specific item and the stage of our processing, there may be a charge incurred. If the item is commonly ordered by other customers, then typically there will not be a charge. Also, if you wish to add something to the processing, there would be an additional charge for the additional processing. For example, if you needed insulated wire but mistakenly ordered bare, we can modify your existing order, add the insulation specification and charges, and re-send your order confirmation. You can email or call your Account Manager and they will help you with the change.
A. Customers may wish to return items for a variety of reasons. However because most of the wire that is manufactured by California Fine wire is custom made to specific customer requirements, so if you order something that you no longer need, you should contact your Account Manager to determine if the material is returnable. The re-stocking fee depends on the item being returned.
If there is a quality concern with an item or if you find it to be out of specification, contact your Account Manager or our Customer Service Representative immediately, and describe your concerns and findings. If we require return of your material to resolve the issue, you will be given a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number. Carefully re-package the material to ensure that there is no damage during the return trip.
CFW will not be responsible for damage resulting from improper handling or improper packaging.
Ship it to:
California Fine Wire
338 South Fourth Street
Grover Beach, CA 93433-1999
Upon receipt at California Fine Wire, your material will be logged in and moved to our Quality Assurance Department for evaluation. You will be notified of the results as soon as our evaluation is complete. If replacement is required, the re-manufacture of your order will have the highest priority in our Production Department, and the replacement material will be re-shipped to you as soon as possible.
Additional details of the California Fine Wire return policy can be found in our Standard Terms and Conditions below.
A. Yes, please refer to the links below for handling guidelines. These documents are provided with each shipment, and electronically upon request.
Preventing Handling Damage – Opening Blister Packaging
Click Here For Data Sheet (PDF – 206 KB)
Preventing Handling Damage – Opening CFW Spools
Click Here For Data Sheet (PDF – 226 KB)
Preventing Handling Damage – Opening Pancake Spools
Click Here For Data Sheet (PDF – 199 KB)
Wire Handling Guidance
Click Here For Data Sheet (PDF – 112KB)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ACCOUNTS WITH CALIFORNIA FINE WIRE COMPANY
- The articles and/or the performance of the services covered by this invoice were produced in compliance with the Federal Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938, as amended. We hereby certify that these goods were produced in compliance with all applicable requirements of Sections 6, 7, and 12, of the Fair Labor Standards Act as amended, and of regulations and orders of the United States Department of Labor issued under Section 14 thereof. We are considering this order as not subject to any Government contract provisions, including but not limited to, Armed Services Procurement Regulations.
- The terms and conditions set forth herein are the standard terms and conditions of Acceptance of Purchase Orders by California Fine Wire Company, hereinafter referred to as ‘CFW’ and shall constitute the entire agreement between the purchaser and CFW.
- ORDERS: CFW telephone desks are maintained and staffed for immediate service of your needs. Accordingly, if shipment is completed before written confirmation is received, such orders must be considered as accurate as recorded by our inside sales force. To avoid duplication of verbal orders, please mark confirming orders prominently and clearly “Confirmation”. Otherwise, duplications will result and charges involved must be at the customer’s expense. In any event, the acceptances of all verbal orders are expressly limited to these terms and conditions.
- PURCHASE ORDERS, ETC.: Any terms or conditions of any customer’s or other instrument which are in addition to or inconsistent with CFW’s terms or conditions set forth herein, shall not be binding on CFW and shall not apply to this sale. No waiver, change or modification of any of the terms or conditions set forth herein shall be binding of CFW unless in writing signed by an officer of CFW.
- CHANGES OR CANCELLATIONS: Should you find it necessary to change specifications while work is in progress, we shall make every effort to accommodate you. It will be necessary for us to charge you for any services, labor, or material discarded because of such changes. Should you, for any reason, desire to cancel an order, you agree to reimburse us for any cost and expenses which result.
- TAXES: Our quoted prices do not include sales, use, value-added, excise or other federal, state, or local taxes unless specifically shown. Any such levies must necessarily be for your account. Please furnish tax exemption certificates, if applicable.
- CLERICAL ERRORS: All stenographic and clerical errors are subject to correction.
- TERMS OF PAYMENT AND PRICES: CUSTOMER agrees that TERMS OF PAYMENT for purchase from CFW will be those described in a letter to CUSTOMER which establishes their account and which may be modified at any time, at the sole discretion of CFW, either in writing or by notice on the face of the invoice for such purchases. All payments must be received by the due date at the Main Office, Post Office Box 446, Grover Beach, CA 93483. A charge of $20.00 may be applied to accounts for each check returned for insufficient funds. A late fee of $30.00 may be added to all accounts not paid within established terms. The prevailing party in any litigation shall be entitled to recover court costs and reasonable attorney fees. Any legal proceedings shall be held in San Luis Obispo County, California, which is the place of payment and performance of this agreement. The terms of this application, including CUSTOMER’S obligation to pay CFW for products and all personal guaranties herein, extend to any location, now owned or hereafter acquired by CUSTOMER or any person under CUSTOMER’S trade name or trade style, including any franchisee, unless CUSTOMER notifies CFW to the contrary in writing, by certified mail, return receipt requested, that another entity is liable for prospective purchases made herein. CUSTOMER is liable for purchases of goods ordered in CUSTOMER’S name, unless CUSTOMER provides company written notice herein 60 days prior to any sale thereof. Any change of ownership, management, operation, incorporation, partnership, or limited liability company structure must be communicated to CFW Credit Department in writing, certified mail, return receipt requested, to advise of such change and identify the parties thereto and CUSTOMER thereof, within 60 days prior to such change. All nonconforming notices are void, and all parties, including personal guarantors, shall remain liable for all obligations to CFW incurred before, after, and during such change herein, even if another department, division, or employee of CFW is notified in any manner. Obligations include, but are not limited to, delivery of any product on a cash or credit basis or any returned checks. In the event that CFW may owe credits, refunds, reserves, monies on open account, or other monies to CUSTOMER, such indebtedness shall be deemed to be created from this agreement and CFW shall have the right of recoupment with respect to such credits, refunds, reserves, or other monies. CUSTOMER agrees that all funds owed to CUSTOMER from anyone or received by CUSTOMER, to the extent those funds result from the materials supplied by CFW, shall be held in trust for the benefit of CFW (“Trust Funds”). CUSTOMER agrees that it has no interest in Trust Funds held by anyone and to promptly account for and pay to CFW all Trust Funds. Corporate officers, members, or partners of CUSTOMER, signing hereunder, hereby authorize CFW to obtain commercial credit reports from credit reporting agencies. CUSTOMER will provide copies of organizational documents such as bylaws, articles of incorporation, partnerships, or shareholder agreements upon request. If CUSTOMER is a sole proprietor, the individual signing hereunder authorizes CFW to obtain individual credit reports from credit reporting agencies. Unless otherwise provided for on the face hereof, terms of payment may, at the sole discretion of CFW, be a combination of:
- Thirty (30) days net from date of invoice.
- Two percent (2%) discount allowed if invoice is paid within ten (10) days, otherwise net due in thirty (30) days from date of invoice. Cash discounts not allowed on sales tax, freight, labor charges, or other expense items.
- Precious metals – Net ten (10) days. No discount allowed.
- Cash in advance by wire transfer, electronic funds transfer (EFT), or check.
NOTE: For check payments, CFW reserves the right to hold orders from shipment until the bank verifies sufficient funds, valid account number, etc.
- Credit Card Purchase. Discounts are not permitted with credit card purchases.
All orders are subject to approval of credit by CFW. All payments shall be made in legal currency of the United States. Before any products may be returned to CFW for credit or other billing adjustments (as opposed to returns for repair and/or replacement provided for in the Warranty Clause set forth herein), prior written authorization must be obtained from an officer of CFW together with appropriate shipping instructions for return or transfer of the products, prepaid to destination. All authorized returns are subject to a restocking charge. CFW assumes no responsibility whatsoever for unauthorized returns. Prices and terms are subject to change without notice.
- SUSPENSION OF PERFORMANCE:
- If in our judgment reasonable doubt exists as to your financial responsibility, or if you are past due in payment of any amount owed to us, we reserve the right without liability and without prejudice to any other remedies, to suspend performance, decline to ship, or stop any material in transit until we receive payment of all amounts, whether or not due, owed to us; or adequate assurance of such payments.
- All invoices not paid when due per our terms will be subject to a $30.00 late fee.
- Customer agrees to pay reasonable attorney fees of CFW in the event suit is necessary to collect on account of nonpayment of the bill for material and/or services.
- DELIVERY: Unless otherwise provided for on the face hereof, all shipments are FOB Grover Beach, California. Shipment schedules are approximate and based on conditions at the time of acceptance.
CFW will make every effort to complete shipment as indicated, but assumes no responsibility or liability for loss or damage by reason of delay or inability to ship caused by acts of God, fires, floods, wars, embargos, labor disputes, acts of sabotage, riots, accidents, delays of carriers, sub-contractors or suppliers, voluntary or mandatory compliance with any government act, regulation or request, shortage of labor, materials or manufacturing facilities, or any other cause or causes beyond CFW’s reasonable control. If by reason of any of these things, CFW’s supplies of the materials covered hereby are limited, CFW shall have the right to prorate the available supply in such a manner as it, in its discretion, determines.
- PARTIAL DELIVERIES: Partial deliveries shall be accepted and paid for at contract prices on maturity of bills, therefore, if any part of the material is not delivered by CFW or is not in accordance with the order, the order for the remainder of the material and purchasers obligation there under shall not be affected thereby. CFW may, at its option, replace any or all returned material within a reasonable time after it is finally determined that the returned goods are not in accordance with the contract; and in such event CFW shall not be liable for any damages arising from the defective delivery or delay caused thereby.
- INSPECTION ON ARRIVAL: The purchaser shall inspect the material immediately on its arrival and shall, within five (5) days of its arrival, give written notice to CFW of any claim for shortage and shall, within thirty (30) days of its arrival, give written notice to CFW of any claim for material that does not conform with the terms of the contract. If the purchaser shall fail to give such notice, the material shall be deemed to conform to the terms of the contract, and the purchaser shall be bound to accept and pay for the material in accordance with the terms of the contract.
- WARRANTY: CFW warrants the product of its manufacture to be free from defects in workmanship, materials, and construction under normal use and service.
This warranty is expressly in lieu of any and all other warranties and representations, express or implied, and all other obligations or liabilities on the part of CFW including, but not limited to, the warranty of fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall CFW be liable for direct, incidental or consequential loss or damage of any kind connected with the use of its products or failure of its product to function or operate properly.
This warranty shall not apply to any CFW products which have been altered in any way outside CFW’s manufacturing facilities so as to, in CFW’s judgment, affect its use, function, or reliability or which shall have been subject to misuse, alteration, improper installation, painting, misapplication, negligence, or accident.
ALL TECHNICAL ADVICE, RECOMMENDATIONS, AND SERVICES ARE RENDERED BY SELLER GRATIS. THEY ARE BASED ON TECHNICAL DATA, WHICH THE SELLER BELIEVES TO BE RELIABLE, AND ARE INTENDED FOR USE BY PERSONS HAVING SKILL AND KNOW-HOW, AT THEIR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. SELLER ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR RESULTS OBTAINED OR DAMAGES INCURRED FROM THEIR USE BY BUYER IN WHOLE OR IN PART. SUCH RECOMMENDATIONS, TECHNICAL ADVICE OR SERVICES ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN AS A LICENSE TO OPERATE UNDER OR INTENDED TO SUGGEST INFRINGEMENT OF ANY EXISTING PATENT.